Thursday, July 7, 2016

How long does it take you to finish one book?






Follow my blog with Bloglovin

How long does it take you to finish a book? Would it take you a week to finish it or a day perhaps?




For me, my reading speed depends on how the book is written. But I’m guessing it’s like to most bookworms. Though most people said I’m a fast reader.



I had this one experience where I was reading the book Titan’s Curse by Rick Riordan, the third book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series, where I finished the book in one sitting. I just got back from school and I immediately started reading when I reached my bed, I didn’t even bother changing my clothes first. I thought I could just read a few chapters before changing my clothes but by the time I close the book, it was already over and my parents were calling me because it’s dinner time already. I was so shocked that I finish it in one sitting! That was the first book I read in that speed. And I thought to myself, “This book is thinner than it looks!” So the next day, I gave it back to the owner and borrow the next book. I read that series so fast though. I finish reading the whole five books in more or less two weeks.



Also this two thick books that I manage to read in two days tops! It was our last day of school before we start our Christmas Holiday vacation. I borrowed the books Son of Neptune and Mark of Athena both by Rick Riordan, second and third book of the Heroes of Olympus Series respectively, and planned to have it as my holiday reads. I was so excited. Too excited that when I arrived in the house, I immediately change clothes, ate dinner and plopped down to read the Son of Neptune. I didn’t finish it in one sitting. But those two thick books were done before the weekend ends! My holiday week didn’t even started yet and I have no holiday reads!



Those books were not the only books I’ve read in lightning speed. I finish reading the Fifty Shades Trilogy in three days! Three days because it was in the middle of our quarter exam but still I manage to read. Also the Mara Dyer Series for only two days!



If a book is written magnificently, no matter how thick they are, they will always seemed thin to the reader. That’s what I always say. That’s why it’s really not good to judge a book by its cover and its thickness. Because sometimes, thicker books are have best stories but sure are thin. But if the book is written in a sloppy manner, I don’t think you can finish that in a day or so.




Just like what they say, you either finish a book in a day or a month. Nothing in between.



What are your lightning speeds reads? How long was your fastest? How long was the slowest? Why?




Share your thoughts!




Spread the love!








~***~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!